There are many benefits that mouthwash can do for your oral health. Unfortunately, mouthwash is something often overlooked despite how it can help improve your oral health and reduce bacteria in your smile.
Our dentist, Dr. Jade Moellendorf with iSmile in Salt Lake City, Utah, cares about your oral health and is happy to share some information about mouthwash and why it should be added to your daily routine.
Here are the benefits of mouthwash:
– There are two main types of mouthwash. Cosmetic mouthwash is typically used for reducing bad breath and masking foul odors that come from your mouth. Therapeutic mouthwash can treat the underlying conditions associated with bad breath and even eliminate bacteria that causes it.
– Mouthwash has proven to be beneficial in situations where you are suffering from plaque buildup. Plaque is a thin layer of debris and bacteria that rests atop your teeth. Mouthwash can help rinse away plaque before it can turn into tartar.
– To help reduce the speed of tartar, mouthwash can be beneficial.
– There are times when stains and discolorations can be somewhat treated through the use of mouthwash that contains teeth whitening ingredients.
– For fresher breath, mouthwash is very effective. In fact, it is often considered one of the main reasons why people use mouthwash.
– For additional help with your mouthwash selections, speak with your dentist.
– Therapeutic mouthwash has been shown to reduce several oral health issues including plaque buildup, gingivitis, bad breath and cavities.
As you can see, mouthwash has many fun facts that can improve your oral health. If you are in need of a dentist, or if you have questions about your oral health, please call us today at 855-438-4764 to make an appointment. Our dental team is happy to assist you in any way we can.