Two of our offices – The Avenues in Salt Lake City, UT, and Caring for My Smile in Tucson, AZ – use state-of-the-art CAD/CAM technology to provide our patients with same-day dentistry. Using this device, our dentists can provide beautiful restorations in just one appointment, allowing you to leave our office with a renewed smile. We welcome you to contact us today to learn more about CAD/CAM technology in Utah and Arizona and schedule your appointment with our dental professionals.
CAD/CAM (Computer-Aided Design/Computer-Aided Manufacturing) technology is used in creating many types of restorations, including dental crowns. By using this device, we can create your restoration in a matter of minutes, eliminating the need for multiple appointments.
When you visit our office for a restorative treatment, our dentists will:
- Examine your tooth to determine the type of restoration you need
- Remove any decayed or weakened tooth tissue to prepare you for your restoration
- Take a digital picture of your mouth
- Convert this picture into a 3D model on the computer screen using CAD/CAM software
- Use this model to create a restoration
- Mill your crown or other restoration from a block of tooth-colored material
A few short minutes later, your treatment will be complete! Our dentists will carefully check your restoration to ensure that it fits properly and gives you a healthy, functional bite. The crown or other restoration will then be polished and bonded in place.
For more information about CAD/CAM technology and to schedule your appointment at our office, please contact us today.